EXECUTIVE CHEF POSITION (MARYLAND-Confidential Client)
Responsible for optimizing profits by controlling food cost, production, labor and increase sales through food quality, speed of service, and food preparation to specifications in the back-of-the-house. Supervises the execution of and oversees all kitchen operations, ensuring the Client's standards of quality and service are met and that the kitchen provides nutritious, safe, eye-appealing, properly flavored food, while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment for all employees.
We are looking for EC’s who:
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a hospitality management role; preferably in a full service and/or upscale restaurant concept.
- Demonstrates a genuine enthusiasm and warmth towards the Guest and attitude of Service. Is self-motivated and competitive. Is driven to grow and develop personally while developing those around them.
- Has the ability to supervise, coach, develops, lead & motivate employees.
- Can establish, maintain and enforce consistently high performance standards.
- Is capable of adapting his/her leadership style to a variety of situations and scenarios.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively, including the ability to speak and write in English. Ability to listen effectively, process information quickly, and transfer knowledge to others in order to ensure standards of quality are met consistently.
- Can provide employees with the orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities
- Communicates performance expectations and provides employees with on-going feedback
v Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
v Competitive Compensation Plan
v Paid Time Off
v Comprehensive Training Program
v Retirements Savings
v Employee Stock Purchase Plan
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Client:
The Client is a national restaurant group with expansion plans for 2017 and beyond! We offer guests the freshest food prepared in our own scratch kitchens, personalized service and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. Our menu features a diverse selection of appetizers, salads, main entrees and desserts that incorporate over 40 signature sauces and dressings that are made from scratch daily. The Client also offers guests a wide selection of award-winning sushi, including sashimi, traditional favorites and several proprietary dishes created by our talented sushi chefs.
Please apply by sending a cv/resume to email@example.com
SOUS CHEF POSITION (LOS ANGELES-Confidential Client)
Seeking experienced Sous Chef (minimum 2 years fine dining) for busy restaurant on LA Times J. Gold Top 101 Restaurants - 3 years in a row. Organization and leadership skills desired along with the ability to motivate, train and develop staff while sustaining high performance and quality levels. Experience with private parties, Spanish language skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel all considered highly desirable.
• Responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen and provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel
• Ensure that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet restaurant's specifications and commitment to quality
• Perform inventory, purchasing responsibilities, food/labor cost analysis and scheduling to meet budgetary requirements
• Maintain a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen as demonstrated by ensuring staff use proper food-handling techniques
• Relate to, train, communicate with and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels
• Minimum of 2 years management and food preparation experience
• Strong organization and leadership skills and a team player
• Ability to work in a high-energy and demanding environment; work well under pressure
• Ability to take direction
• Experience and ability to suggest positive solutions in problem solving
• Experience in hiring, training and disciplining a plus
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and POS systems a plus
• Fluent in English; Spanish language a plus
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org